The phrase “viral is an outcome, not a strategy” has been said enough times that we’re not sure who to attribute it to. But this one potentially hits the Holy Grail with potential, and we break down why in our Pick of the Week.
• It’s loaded with serious star power appealing to a wide variety of interests — a sure attention grabber
• High entertainment value yet a clear, concise and relevant message
• Right tone, right time, right audience: San Francisco is very progressive and the theme is one that resonates
• Influence and reach and reach spans business, tech, sports, politics, music, and pop culture – all important topics to the target audience
• The spark: MC, Michael Arrington, Kevin Rose, Ron Conway and Brian Wilson put it in circulation via Twitter; the five of them alone reach more than 4 million followers
• Media are piling on: TechCrunch, CNET, SFGate, Laughing Squid and reporters from Fortune and Wired have already written on it or re-tweeted
• Who knew Brian Wilson was so fly?